The Deputy Director General – Operations and Integration provides executive-level leadership and management to the Integration and Resource Mobilisation teams, SPC’s Regional Offices, and the Operations and Management Directorate (OMD) across all locations. The role also holds executive responsibility for SPC’s multi-year partnerships with Australia, New Zealand and France, and is the executive focal point for SPC’s francophone members (France, French Polynesia, New Caledonia and Wallis and Futuna), the United States of America and the European Union’s OCT office.
The role is responsible for the development of coordinated Country and Integrated Programming across SPC, supporting the development of cross cutting and integrated programs and projects to meet the needs of the region.
The Deputy Director-General – Operations and Integration ensures that the Operations and Management Directorate is focused on improving the effectiveness of systems, policies and management to provide high-quality customer-oriented services and enabling operational compliance. The role also leads and manages the governance and legal support to the organization.
The key results for the position are:
Leadership, coordination and management
- Provide executive leadership and management to the Operations and Management Directorate in all locations, for all regional offices and for the Integration and Resource Mobilisation support team.
- Lead SPC’s internal legal functions, and regulatory/governance frameworks.
- Proactively support the Director-General in leading organisational improvement and change management.
- Responsible at executive level for financial management, managing organisational risks and security issues and for workplace health and safety.
- Collaborate to achieve a united organisational culture and compliance with operational policies and legal requirements.
Within delegated authority as approved by the Director General
- Represent the Director-General in relations with the Government of New Caledonia and France as hosts of the headquarters.
- Represent the Director-General, as required, at high levels in bilateral relationships with members and partners, and regional and international fora, including the French speaking countries and territories.
Integrated and Country Programming
- Lead and contribute (in close collaboration with SPC’s Strategy, Performance and Learning team (SPL)) to cross-divisional and regional integration efforts to ensure that SPC is well placed to respond to member articulated needs through multisectoral approaches.
- Ensure proactive engagement and support for resource mobilisation efforts across SPC, leading to diversified and strengthened donor base.
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. Science, economics, law, development studies, business, public administration, organisational development,).
Knowledge / Experience
- Excellent leadership and management skills, including demonstrated general management, people management and financial management skills.
- Extensive experience at an executive or senior management level that includes at least 10 years working at an international level.
- Very strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrated ability to implement organisational change in a complex environment.
- Familiarity with donor agencies and their requirements and demonstrated resource mobilisation skills.
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural and gender-sensitive environment.
- Change and Innovation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Promotion of Equity and Equality
- Building Individual Capacity
- Dedicated effort and commitment to the role and organisation
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to operate in a political environment
- Ability to analyse situations and make sound decisions even when information is imperfect
- Ability to handle conflicts between staff
- Diplomatic skills and tact
- Respect for SPC corporate values
- High level of professional integrity and ethics
- Demonstrated high level commitment to customer service
Language skills (desirable)
- For English speakers, a good working knowledge of French, or for French speakers, a good working knowledge of English.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this position, please complete the Application Form below on or before 12 December 2022. In addition, we encourage you to please attach a copy of the most recent English version of your CV.
All information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
If you have an initial query rather than an application, kindly email us at SPC-DDG@sri-executive.com.
All applications should be sent directly to SRI Executive. Any applications received by SPC will not be passed on and could adversely affect your candidacy.
SRI Executive is exclusively retained by The Pacific Community (SPC) to undertake this assignment.