To deliver a portfolio management strategy where analytical insight and expert judgement drive effective, efficient and robust investment decision-making.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a strategic partner to CEPI senior leadership, portfolio and project leaders, and governance groups by providing objective and independent strategic portfolio decision and analysis to enable effective portfolio management, prioritisation, and delivery
- Deliver consistent & accurate internal and external reporting of the pipeline, and ensure an effective view of performance analysis including through , and partnering with Research & Development (R&D) and Manufacturing & Supply Chain (M&SC) on technical analytics to allow a consistent current and future view of the portfolio and to inform project and portfolio decision-making and prioritization
- Have overall responsibility for and orchestrate CEPI’s approach to project/portfolio governance, including:
- Driving a cross-functional approach to strategic portfolio decision-making, drawing on strategic insights from across CEPI (including R&D, M&SC, partnerships and access)
- Working with partners internally to ensure a joined-up set of governance and oversight processes
- Ensuring a constant focus on portfolio governance and reporting processes that are right-sized -– both robust and agile
- Providing overall leadership for the management and continuous improvement of the Portfolio Strategy & Management Board (PSMB), contribute to the VRDMC (Vaccine Research & Development & Manufacturing Committee) (led by R&D), and leading on the annual portfolio review process working in partnership with R&D and M&SC
- Provide leadership:
- Lead the portfolio department and the development of the function and the team members
- Serve as a member of the PSMB, as a member of the GSP leadership team, and as part of CEPI’s wider leadership group.
- Play a critical role in cross-business projects relating to governance, systems, and processes; supporting continuous improvement in CEPI’s internal work and awardee interactions
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- PHD in a related discipline. MBA of potential value
- Experience working in industry/R&D/vaccine portfolio management
- Proven track record in portfolio management and analytics
- Proven analytical skills and affinity with complex data sets, with pharmaceutical sector experience or experience of close working with the pharmaceutical sector. Experience R&D funding sector beneficial
- Proven success as a thought-partner to senior stakeholders and a trusted advisor to leaders
- Ability to provide clear, effective and efficient pathways to resolving ambiguous questions
- Strong matrix leadership skills, able to build strong relationships at all levels, exercise diplomatic leadership, and bring people along
- Recognised as having in-depth knowledge of the R&D and M&SC process and credibility within R&D and M&SC Leaders
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. A benefits package is also included.
This role can be based in London (UK), Oslo (NO) or Washington DC (US).
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this position, please complete the Application Form below on or before 27 January 2023. In addition, we encourage you to please attach a copy of the most recent English version of your CV.
All information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
If you have an initial query rather than an application, kindly email us at DOPM@sri-executive.com
SRI Executive is exclusively retained by the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) to undertake this assignment.