The Director of External Relations is responsible for leading, facilitating, and supporting the delivery of global integrated communications strategies (including brand architecture and strategy, PR and media relations, Business to Business communication) and global resource mobilization (including strategic partnerships, fundraising, and grant management) objectives for the Fairtrade system. This will require the director to lead and coordinate with colleagues in our member offices around the world, as well as with key partner organizations.
The ideal candidate will hold a master’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Integrated Communications, Marketing Communications, International Development, International Relations, or a similar field appropriate to Fairtrade
- At least 5-7 years’ experience working at a senior level in an external relations role.
- Experience inclusive of responsibility for conceiving and executing brand-building campaigns and strategic marketing and communications initiatives
- Experience in global resource mobilization, and partnerships strategies.
- Proven track record in line management and developing teams and staff members.
- Proven track record in media relations and crisis communications at a senior level.
- Sound social media, B2B, and fundraising experience.
- Sound knowledge of business analytics
- Experience working in multi-stakeholder environments.
- Desired: in-depth knowledge/experience of one or more of the following: the role and impact of the fair trade movement; international development; human rights in international supply chains; ethical trade; corporate social responsibility.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this position, please complete the Application Form below on or before 24 February 2023. In addition, we encourage you to please attach a copy of the most recent English version of your CV.
All information will be in the strictest confidence.
If you have an initial query rather than an application, kindly email us at FLO-DER@sri-executive.com
SRI Executive is exclusively retained by Fairtrade International to undertake this assignment.