CBM’s Institutional Donors and Philanthropy division support the organisation in evolving its approach to business development and expanding its international institutional donor base. To bring our organisation forward strategically we are recruiting a Senior Business Development Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the mapping analysis and identification of new strategic partnership opportunities and coordinate resulting business development activities across CBM countries
- Managing the implementation of new processes and systems, including strategic forecasting and anticipative approaches to identify strategic funding opportunities
- Coordinate proposal development and new business capture, from early-stage assessments, to defining and pitching CBM’s unique contributions to consortia.
- Management and coordination of business development initiatives incl. the Global Pilot Programme.
- Design and oversight over the coordination of the entire programme to include establishing tracking tools, monitoring of impact and utilizing key findings to inform future strategies.
- Setup and implementation of internal capacity-building and internal strengthening activities, with particular focus on regional business development stakeholders and Global Pilot Programme participants.
- Identify and build relationships with major (potential) funders and strategic partners in coordination with the relevant internal stakeholders (in the technical initiatives and the Regional structure)
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Substantive experience in the development sector in project management, business development and consortium approaches to programming
- Experience working with and designing for bilateral and multilateral donor funding mechanisms, policies, and procedures.
- Structured, quality-oriented and solution-oriented approach to work
- Independent, outgoing personality with high professional & social competence and diplomatic skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments, cultures, and time zones
- Very good knowledge of English, additional language skills (especially German or French) are an advantage
- Willingness to travel to partner countries of development cooperation
- Identification with the Christian values and the mandate of CBM
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time permanent position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. A benefits package is also included.
The location is flexible with a strong preference for CBM operational locations: Germany, Austria¸ UK, USA (Atlanta), Italy, Kenya, Togo, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Nigeria, Niger, Cameroon, Palestine.
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this position, please complete the Application Form below on or before 7th February 2023. In addition, we encourage you to please attach a copy of the most recent English version of your CV.
All information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
If you have an initial query rather than an application, kindly email us at CBM-SBDM@sri-executive.com.
SRI Executive is exclusively retained by CBM International to undertake this assignment.